Battlefields & Special Projects Complete

3

Posted by Mrs Gielen | Posted in MinecraftEdu/Minecraft | Posted on January 28, 2013

This past semester, my students completed custom maps as part of our Minecraft elective class.   Two teams of two have been working on Civil War battlefield maps for their American History project.  Their assignment was to research one of the major battles using the National Parks Service site as one of their sources.  One team chose the Battle of Atlanta and the other chose the Battle of Gettysburg.  Students had to meet certain class requirements for their History class as well as for my class.  For the History class project presentation, students have to know what led to the battle, why it was fought, dates, commanders, strengths, weaknesses, advantages and disadvantages, significance of particular battle, etc.  As part of my assignment, I asked my students to build a replica of the current museum for each of these battles and to complete a video tour that would cover the presentation requirements for their History class.  To view the tours of the battlefields, click on the links below.

Two other students chose to do an carnival/game project.  Prior to this, each of the students had to complete a Manor Challenge build. You can check their video tours below as well.

Battle of Atlanta

Battle of Gettysburg

Bananaland

Manor Challenge Videos

If you would like to download the student-created maps, you can do so here.

Comments (3)

[…] You have to check out these videos of using Minecraft in schools to enhance the learning process.  SAATech Videos.  We sponsored the minecraft servers at Snaju via CraftingYoungMinds.org.  CraftingYoungMinds.org […]

These videos are awesome. The work the student must of put into them must be great. My partner and I are building 5 Medieval towns right now that are for our teachers history students. I hope that you will continue the great work.

My website : http://minecrafting.edublogs.org/

PS. I haven’t posted for a while

Hey these are some awesome maps I hope to receive the download links to them to personally check them out my self. I hope you are willing to check out my blog http://minecraftmod.edublogs.org/ thanks again bye.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar